Saturday, December 12, 2009

Twelve piupius swinging - Kiwicakes advent calendar - day 12

On the Twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me.........Twelve piupius swinging.



I found the gorgeous little maori doll pegs, wearing their piupiu at the Whangarei $2 shop. When I saw them, I just had to have them. These little bags of jelly beans would look great strung up for an end of year Christmas garden party. I used red/black/white. I mixed 2 sizes of Jelly beans. I put them in size 1 cellophane bags



For my overseas readers
A piupiu is the grass skirt worn during kapa haka by females. It is crafted from flax (Harakeke)



Photo shows a young girl performing the poi with her group (Manutuke from Gisbourne, New Zealand). Taken at Hopuhopu (near Ngaruawahia, New Zealand) 2003 (courtesy of Wikipedia commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...