Monday, December 7, 2009

Seven eels a swimming - Kiwicakes advent calendar - day 7

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me................... Seven eels a swimming.



I had fun with this post. It makes a great party game, to keep kids busy on Christmas day, or at birthday parties. There are several ways you can play this game. All involve being blindfolded and keeping your hands behind you back.



You can:

1. Place a bowl of 7 eels in front of each child and time how quickly they can get the eels from the bowl. The fastest is the winner.


2. Give a set time, for each child to get as many eels as they can out of the bowl. The winner gets to eat the most eels.


3. Any variation on the above rules, where no one is the winner and it is simply done for fun.

Here's what I used


A large bowl - so there is room for the childs face inside (unless you want jelly everywhere!) I opted for a plastic bowl - in case of mid game antics, it seemed safer.



1 pack of The Natural confectionery company snakes lollies. And 2 packs of Gregg's Jelly. in lemonade (pale aqua blue) and 1 blueberry (bright teal blue). I then sprinkled the finished jelly with Oasis Blue Rainbow Dust glitter.


I made my 2 jellies separately. Once set, I spooned alternate spoonfuls of each colour in to my bowl. Then I pushed in the eels. Once pushed in, they actually squirm about much like a regular eel. Gave me quite a fright I have to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...