Sunday, September 27, 2009

I can't decide what sort of Christmas cake to make this year

I cannot decide what sort of Christmas cake to make this year. For those of you that have been with me, for the past few years, you'll already know I'm hugely passionate about all things Christmas. Here at Kiwicakes, the planning for Christmas items for stock starts in August.


I'm lucky, I get to decorate three Christmas cakes every year. My lovely mother in law Margaret drops off three uniced fruit cakes, of which, I return two for distribution within the family, and I get to keep one. I usually come up with a theme relatively easily. Many years ago, my choice of decoration was based upon what I was capable of doing. Now that decorating comes a bit easier to me AND I'm spoilt for choice with all of the tools lining the shelves of http://www.kiwicakes.co.nz/ I simply cannot decide what to do this year. I've usually tended towards more modern or contempory Christmas themes - with a twist on the traditional.




Lasy year was snowflakes (pale blue for me, black & silver for my sister inlaw & traditional golds & reds for my mother inlaw). Which I can't seem to locate a photo for, I'll update that when I find it.


The year before was holly ALL OVER for everyone.


I also like to make Christmas ornament cupcakes - these are always a hit. I get oohs and aahs and "I can't eat that - it llooks so real". The ornament cupcakes have now become a family tradition, I make one for everyone int he family on Xmas day.


Take the poll at right, to let me know what you're thinking of making

2 comments:

  1. How do you cover these round cakes without a seam - or where do you hide it :)
    I've always wanted to try making these but unsure of covering a totally 3D cake.
    michelle at secondratesnacks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really hard to describe the process in words. But it is not difficult. If you go to www.cakecentral.com, there are tutorials and photos on how to do this. Once you've done it, you'll see it isn't hard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...