Thursday, September 10, 2009

Koru wedding cupcakes


I couldn't resist trying out this idea I had, ever since the wonderful couture cupcake wrappers arrived. Many couples choose a Koru as a symbol or theme for their wedding. What could be better than white chocolate (or dark chocolate) Koru, dusted with pearl crushed pine lustre dust. And finished off in a lovely couture cupcake wrapper. I simply can't decide which colour I like best. As I was just testing my theory, I went for a plain iced cupcake. I think if I was making them for an event a 1m or 4b piped swirl would look great. And as you all well know, I love sparkle - so perhaps a sprinkling of glitter is in order as well.







For those of my readers from overseas, Wikipedia reference to the Koru, is as follows: (Photo courtesy Wikipedia commons)
The koru is the Māori name given to the new unfurling fern frond and symbolizes new life, growth, strength and peace. It is an integral symbol in Māori carving and Tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...