Monday, August 31, 2009

One of my SPCA cupcakes


Here is one of my SPCA cupcake day cupcakes. I had the best intentions in the world, of creating more dog cupcakes as well, like the ones I did earlier this month, for the SPCA photo shoot for the newspaper (see earlier post). But I simply ran out of time. Trying to keep the business running and look after the children, there was simply no time left last night. However I'm pretty pleased with what I did pull off. I'm just back from having dropped a box off to Poppy's school, for the teachers staff room. I'd been wanting to try making Baileys irish cream icing for a while. So this is what I topped them with. The round circle is made using white chocolate on a transfer sheet, just befor eit set, I cut out circles with a round cookie cutter. The black cat is fondant.
I couldn't resist using my new SPCA teatowels for the photo backdrop. Who said stripes on stripes didn't work?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Poppys teacher here - very nice cupcakes!! Will be taking home any that are not eaten by 3pm! The baileys was a very nice taste and they are very light fluffy cupcakes! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them Kath! I've had some good responses from many of the "cupcake eaters" today. All sold out. Darn none left for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats always the way isn't it!! Do you make cupcakes to order?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kath
    As a general rule I'm too busy with the cake tools & toys, to make cupcakes for orders. But I do make them for friends & family. I do have a lot of ladies that could do them for you, if I wasn't able to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fair enough - I have a flatmate who is turning two on the 21st of this month and is crazy on Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries, I can give the contact details of the person I use to make my own birthday cakes, she's great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...