Monday, March 18, 2013

Raspberry & White Choc Guide Biscuit Slice - from Kiwicakes test kitchen


Hello KiwiCakes blog followers,

I am the new girl on the block and am very excited to be a part of this inspiring team. We are fortunate to have access to all the newest and most exciting products available and I look forward to sharing my kitchen adventures with you. No doubt you will love baking and eating sweet treats as much as I do! 

As I am still finding my way around the newly established Test Kitchen I decided to make a no-bake slice first. Coincidentally it is also Guide Biscuit time again this month and as a former Girl Guide myself I couldn't resist supporting our nations young girls by purchasing their biscuits again. They are so versatile and yummy to bake with. I have teamed them up with intensely flavoured Fresh As freeze dried raspberries for a yummy fudgey treat. So here goes my first attempt...

Raspberry & White Choc Guide Biscuit Slice

Melt together:
- 100 grams butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 can of condensed milk

While still warm, mix into:
- 1/2 cup white chocolate baking melts
- 1 pack crushed Original Guide Biscuits


Press into a lined 20cm square tin and sprinkle with coconut if desired. Cool and store in the refrigerator.

This recipie can be cut into any shape you desire - just remember it is really rich! With easter approaching I decided to use a Bunny cookie cutter  from our huge range of Easter Cutters. This makes a cute and delicious snack that you can prepare in advance of Easter Sunday, and it is simple enough to let older kids do alone.



Girl Guiding NZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...