Friday, March 10, 2017

Rocky Road Easter Eggs - a fun tutorial from Kiwicakes


These rocky road Easter eggs were fun to make and so easy even children could make them with you.


I used gluten free mini marshmallows in assorted pastel colours, as small bag of blanched almonds a 3d cracked Easter egg mould  and coloured Wilton candy melts.


The finished product I stuck to coloured cake cards, which are inexpensive yet look so pretty.

.
The first step is to melt coloured candy melts in the microwave or on the stove top in a double boiler. I coated the inside of the mould using the back of a teaspoon. I hold it up to the light to look for any thin spots. Once satisfied I placed it int he fridge for ten minutes until cooled. 


Any left over candy melts can be spread on to parchment paper and cooled



They can then be broken up in to pieces for remelting another time



I used Malteser bunnies which I dusted with Rainbow Dust lustre dusts


Simply dust the powder dry over the chocolate, using a fluffy brush



To melted candy melts I added the marshmallows and blanched almonds


I placed a small amount of melted candy melts on to the cake card and placed the half egg on top to glue it in place. 


I spooned the rocky road mixture in to the egg half and pushed the bunny down in to the soft mixture. Over the top I sprinkled easter sprinkle medley




A Happy Easter Plaque finished him off.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...