Thursday, March 9, 2017

Kumara cheesecake recipe


Last year on a trip to NZ's Kumara capital (Kaipara district). I was thrilled to discover something new - Kumara cheesecake. Once I returned home I was determined to create my own version of the dish. Whilst mine differs from the one I ate, I was very happy with the taste and texture of mine. And it couldn't be easier to make. The topping has a fudgy texture which contrasts nicely with the cheesecake filling.

My recipe makes a large cheesecake, you could half the recipe if you have a smaller pan. I used a 10" diameter Fat daddios springform pan

For the base
1 packet of Superwine biscuits crushed
1 tbsp sugar
150g melted butter
Mix and press in to base of pan

For the Cheesecake filling
500g kumara peeled and cut in to small pieces
500g Philadelphia Cream Cheese at room temp
3 Tbsp condensed milk
Boil kumara until soft. Allow to cool. Place in food processor and blend until smooth add cream cheese and condensed milk. Pulse to combine. Pour on top of biscuit base.

For the topping 
2 cups brown sugar
125g butter
Good handful of macadamia nuts
Warm the sugar & butter gently together in a pan on stove top until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool slightly stir in nuts and pour over top of cheesecake filling.

Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...