Monday, February 14, 2011

Kiwi Cake Decorator - Suzie Toms

It's that time again! to profile another Kiwi Cake decorator. If you'd like to be featured here. Send me an email sandra@kiwicakes.co.nz.
Today I ask the questions of Suzie Toms. Suzie recently relocated to Cambridge from Devonport and lives there with her three boys.

Please give use details of your online sites (website, facebook page, blog etc); Suzie's Cake Creations, http://www.suziescakecreations.co.nz/  http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/SuziesCakeCreations the Blog is coming soon!

How long have you been decorating? I have been making birthday cakes for friends and family for over 10 years and started Suzie's Cake Creations just under 2 years ago.

What is you favourite thing to bake & decorate – why? I love to make 3D Birthday cakes for children - especially for pre-school children who are always delighted to recognize their most favourite characters in cake!

What got you started in baking/decorating ? A desire to make great birthday cakes for my children.

What are your top 5 decorating tools you cannot live without? My ball tool, my rolling pin, my spatula, a good sharp knife and my sieve.

What do you do when you’re not decorating ? When I'm not decorating I'm spending time with my children, family and friends, keeping house, gardening, reading and watching movies.

What are some of your favourite creations you’ve created ? My Dragon cake - made for a 70th Birthday for a much loved grandmother who was always affectionately known as the dragon.


The Beatrix Potter Christening cake because of the huge satisfaction I felt with the creation of the characters.


And my first 3D Tigger cake because it was such a success!


What is you favourite Cake, cookie, or cupcake flavour? I love a good lemon madeira with white chocolate butter cream - delicious!

If you could have someone make a cake for you, what would it be like? It wouldn't matter what it was like because it was made for me and that doesn't happen very often!

You offer an edible image printing service, direct to the public - can you tell me a little about this and why you enjoy doing it? I've only just begun to offer edible images - http://suziesedibleimageservice.webs.com/ - I like to offer my clients and customers a full and professional service.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that dragon cake is amazing!! :0

    Kc

    http://sequincornercakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh my lordy...what lovely cakes!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...