Thursday, November 4, 2010

Stunning chocolates and all for me!

Yesterday I popped in to the Katrina Gordon hospitality show here in Whangarei. I caught up with the highly talented Shane Paraone from Northtec. He was doing a great demo on chocolate making And these babies here are coloured using Rainbow Dust.
They were incredibly difficult to photograph because of their high shine, the irridescence of the lustre seemed to float below the surface like looking in to a glass paperweight. This photo surely does not do them justice, but I snapped it in failing light last night - right before these beauties were gobbled up.
Shane (and all the other Tutors) at the Northtec hospitality courses are highly qualified chefs. The facilites at Northtec are amazing. I have eaten at the Northtec student resteraunt and the food is of a very high standard.

I was pleased to discover that around March 2011 Shane will be running a 2 day chocolate making course at Northtec, I can't wait. I've told him to put my name at the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...