Monday, August 30, 2010

SPCA CUCPAKE DAY Today

Yesterday I baked up a storm,over 4 dozen cupcakes. I chose 2 flavours - pink champagne, with pink champagne buttercream (recipe to follow shortly) and German chocolate with chocolate cream cheese icing. 

I had my cruelty free eggs at the ready (just the way I like them), purchased from the Whangarei Growers market on Saturday morning from Cackleberry Farms

Now the blue eggs in the back row are chicken eggs as well. Not duck as I first assumed. Such a pretty colour shell.

 I first turned my hand to two dozen chocolate lego cupcakes. 


Now you might be wondering what lego blocks have to do with animals..........................Well take a look at this little fellow. 

In our house, Bilbo has been known to munch on many piece of lego in his time, if it isn’t put away, he is likely to give it a good ole chew!  


Next up was pink champagne, this flavour is my new favourite. As the flavour was completely new for me, I did a test run 2 weeks ago and was thrilled with the results. I used my Cricut Cake machine and the Paper Pups cartridge, to create these.

I used white icing, which I painted with glycerine, to act as glue for the glitter (Glacier violet by Rainbow Dust). The cupcakes in my opinion don't photograph too well,,the subtle pink actually looked quite nice against the white- but in the photo the difference is not as noticeable.

I loved the poodles.

I'd love to hear what you made for the SPCA today.

5 comments:

  1. wow the lego pieces are cool, how do you make those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. pink + poodle = super duper cute :D
    my cupcakes this year are very colorful!!but only two basic flavor - chocolate and vanilla.
    looking forward to your pink champagne recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lego blocks are sweets from the USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. any chance you could give me some tips on preparing the gumpaste before it goes through the cricut? I have just bought a silhouette sd (similar to cricut) but the gumpaste keeps getting scrunched up.
    Thanks heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I could write a small book on tips for not tearing. Send me an email, would be happy to discuss. You might even like to join our cricut cake club ($5 for one year)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...