Wednesday, February 26, 2014

White chocolate caramel macadamia truffles


These truffles came about when I agreed to take truffles to an event, but late at night after the shops were closed I discovered I didn't have the ingredients for my other recipe. 


I couldn't resist a photo for you that includes my ultimate truffle dipping tool, the humble toothpick. I've tried many of the fancy gadgets out there, but find nothing works better for me than a toothpick.

Ingredients
250g crushed Graham crackers (if you have trouble finding this biscuit in NZ, you can subsitute Round Wine biscuits)
1x Philadelphia Cream cheese block 250g.
1 Cup ground macadamia nut
250g Nestle caramel baking bits
125g white chocolate
(milk or dark chocolate to dip)

Method
Melt caramel baking bits & white chocolate together over a double boiler. Set aside to allow to cool. In a food processor, crush biscuits to a fine crumb. Add macadamia nut and cream cheese pulsing to just combine. Add cooled melted chocolate and pulse again, mixture should form a ball. Chill for at least one hour. Roll in to small balls and dip in milk or dark chocolate. Place in foil truffle cups (these are best placed in a mini muffin pan for support whilst setting) and allow to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...