Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Rocky Road - with freeze dried strawberries & raspberries


This Rocky Road could not be simpler and it tastes better than any Rocky Road I've ever tried. In a bowl simply place one bag of mini marshmallows (if you buy the gluten free ones, this entire recipe will be gluten free). Add nuts of your choice, I used two handfuls of walnut pieces. I used half a bag of Freeze dried strawberry slices or raspberries per batch. My silicone baking pan is aprx 28x18cm but any size will do. Melt 500g of dark or milk chocolate over a double boiler and stir through your dry mixture.


Allow to cool at room temperature. I reserved some of the prettier slices of freeze dried strawberry for the top of my strawberry batch, I placed them on top before the chocolate set. For my raspberry batch (below), I used some of the crumbled pieces from the bottom of the packet, to sprinkle over the top.



For my strawberry batch I sprinkled over edible gold glitter.



All packaged up ready to give as gifts for Christmas, but they would make lovely gifts all year round.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...