Friday, January 30, 2015

Valentines day - open heart cupcakes


These heart cupcakes started with an idea from Glorious Treats (although my method was a little different). They are quick and easy to make and something a little different to a fully frosted cupcake.


Take your favourite cupcake and using a heart cutter press gently down, this will cut a heart in to your cupcake. You then need to slide a knife under the heart to remove a shallow piece.


I coloured my buttercream icing with pink progel colouring. I fitted my piping bag with a bismarck tip to make it easy to fill the cavity.


I coloured my icing sugar pink using Rainbow Dust colour (please note I used an edible pink, I've inadvertently photographed the wrong pink and shown a craft dust here)


Shake the two together and the resulting icing sugar is pink, this is dusted over the surface of the cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...