Friday, January 23, 2015

Birthday pavlova for Grandma Kiwicakes


If you asked Grandma Kiwicakes what her all time favourite dessert was she'd say pavlova. Remember last year, I made the mini pavs with pineapple flowers. This year I decided to make a large one, as I never like to make something exactly the same way (there's too many new things to be trying to do that!)


Ingredients
6 egg whites
2 cups caster sugar (I like Chelsea)
1 heaped tablespoon of cornflour
1 Tbsp of vinegar, I use white, but malt works well too.
Vanilla essence (or other flavour you may refer)
4 Tablespoons cold water


Preheat oven to 180C degrees. Place all ingredients in your stand cake mixer, turn on medium speed and leave to mix for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, the mixture should have lovely stiff peaks, if your turn the mixer whisk upside down, the peaks should hold in place.


When you place your pavlovas in the oven, be careful not to slam the door, immediately drop your temperature down to 120C degrees. Bake for 3 hours, then leave in oven switched off until cool)


I took some Fresh-As Freeze dried raspberries and smashed them up a little to sprinkle across the top of the whipped cream. I always have a selection of Fresh-as freeze dried fruit in my cupboard, as times it can be darn near impossible, or really expensive to find fresh berries for sale in the supermarkets. (certainly the freeze dried raspberries are cheaper than fresh ones and the taste and quality is amazing). I also added a little flaked chocolate.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...