Saturday, January 10, 2015

Plants Vs Zombies cake for my wee friend Spencer


I get the pleasure of making my wee friend Spencer's cake each year, you may remember his 4th birthday cake I just came to the shock realisation he will shortly be 6, so I thought I'd best share his 5th birthday cake with you. I made Spencer a simple sheet cake. Which I covered in green Satin Ice fondant.


The I used a checkerboard stencil and dusted green lustre over the squares, to make the playing squares of the game.


I tore some areas of the fondant, and filled the holes with ground up oreo cookies (creme filling removed) to look like the holes the plants grow up out of.


The grass is piped with buttercream icing using tip 233


All of the plants, potatoes and zombies are made from Chocit brand chocolate modelling paste. I found this much easier to use than fondant for modelling such small pieces.



The no#5 candle is from Kiwicakes


The flower pot is made using this mould


The characters on this cake were a ton of fun to make, and in Chocit did not take long at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...