Saturday, December 12, 2009

Twelve piupius swinging - Kiwicakes advent calendar - day 12

On the Twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me.........Twelve piupius swinging.




I found the gorgeous little maori doll pegs, wearing their piupiu at the Whangarei $2 shop. When I saw them, I just had to have them. These little bags of jelly beans would look great strung up for an end of year Christmas garden party. I used red/black/white. I mixed 2 sizes of Jelly beans. I put them in size 1 cellophane bags




For my overseas readers

A piupiu is the grass skirt worn during kapa haka by females. It is crafted from flax (Harakeke)


Photo shows a young girl performing the poi with her group (Manutuke from Gisbourne, New Zealand). Taken at Hopuhopu (near Ngaruawahia, New Zealand) 2003 (courtesy of Wikipedia commons)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...