Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ten juicy fish heads - Kiwicakes advent calendar - day 10

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me .................. ten juicy fish heads



I couldn't resist choosing schnapper or snapper (depending on where you're from) for my fish heads. I have fond memories of fishing for them with my late father. They are my favourite eating fish. Sometimes I still get lucky and my father inlaw Graeme will drop off some of his catch.
These cookies are chocolate layered with fondant icing the lustrous appearance of the fish scales are created using lustre dust in shades of silver, grey and orange/browns. The fondant is attached to the cookies using piping gel.

For my overseas readers (from Wikipedia - the free encycolpedia)

The Australasian snapper, "misha fish", Pagrus auratus is a species of porgie found in coastal waters of New Zealand and northern Australia. Although it is almost universally known in these countries as snapper it does not belong to the Lutjanidae family. It is highly prized as an eating fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...