Thursday, December 3, 2009

Three Flax Kits - Kiwicakes advent calendar - day 3

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me................... Three flax kits.





I am hugely passionate about packaging, ribbons, theming a party and the wrapping & giving of gifts (as well as cakes of course). Each year I try to come up with a different way to package my Christmas gifts, based on a theme, as well as this, I try to find a different way to dress my Christmas table. When I saw these little flax kits at a local store here in Whangarei, I couldn't resist getting them and adding them to my box of tricks for "one day". And this Christmas they will become the place name holders at my Christmas dinner table.

But I can't stop there, inside each kit, I am placing a Truffle, infused with 42 below fejoa vodka. These were made by the talented people at Bennetts of Mangawhai. What better way to indulge in one of NZ's favourite flavours - the fejoa. Which at Christmas time is out of season. (unless you've been smart enough to preserve or freeze some during the year). I also included a small handmade card - with short handwritten note, with a motif to suit each recipient. I tucked these in to the kits with the truffle. I like the slash of green on these chocolates, this would be easy to replicate on your own chocolate making. Simple colour some white melting chocolate green and using a pastry brush make a slash of each colour down inside the mould.



I always liked the back of envelopes better than the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...