Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chocolate transfers on fondant


I received these wonderful photos from Kiwicakes member Rachel Pilcher. She tells me it is her first attempt at a wedding cake. I was thrilled to receive these photos, Rachel did a great job. The middle tier has a chocolate transfer applies to the fondant. Rachel tells me, she iced the middle tier, then placed the chocolate transfer directly on top, covered with a layer of baking paper and then with a very cool iron, ironed the fondant. Taking care not to leave the iron in one place for too long. This is a technique I have been meaning to try for quite some time myself - I even had my eye on the same transfer. Thanks for sending this in Rachel!

2 comments:

  1. what agorgeous cake and to think the first wedding cake it is stunning well done.. love the transfer and colours beautiful...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...