Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chocolate almond cake (gluten free)

I wanted to share with you all the recipe I used for Grandma Kiwicakes birthday cake last weekend. It was flour free (gluten free), Grandma Kiwicakes is not gluten intolerant, but we both love almond cakes and wanted to give this recipe a try.
I baked 2 separate cakes, so used double the amount shown here, as the cakes don't bake very thick layers. Each layer was aprx 2'' thick.

Ingredients
5 eggs
200g butter
200g sugar
200g plain almonds
200g dark chocolat

Method
1. Melt the chocolate & butter together, then mix in the ground almond. Set aside to cool.
2. Separate 4 of the eggs. Mix 1 whole egg and 4 yolks with the sugar. Blend this with the chocolate/almond mixture.
3. Beat the 4 remaining egg whites until they are stiff. Using a metal spoon, carefully fold the egg whites in to the chocolate/almond mixture.
4. Pour in to non-stick spring-form baking tin and bake at 175-180 degrees for 45-55mins.

I put my 2 layers together with a layer of ganache and then covered the cake in a very thin layer of ganache, to adhere Bakels Chocolate Pettinice before decorating using cut-outs from my Cricut Cake

-->

2 comments:

  1. Hubby is gluten-intolerant, so this looks GREAT! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm! Have just made this recipe and it tastes just like the expensive slithers of cake I buy at cafes! Except now I have way more cake! Thank you sooooooo much for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...