Monday, March 18, 2013

Raspberry & White Choc Guide Biscuit Slice - from Kiwicakes test kitchen


Hello KiwiCakes blog followers,

I am the new girl on the block and am very excited to be a part of this inspiring team. We are fortunate to have access to all the newest and most exciting products available and I look forward to sharing my kitchen adventures with you. No doubt you will love baking and eating sweet treats as much as I do! 

As I am still finding my way around the newly established Test Kitchen I decided to make a no-bake slice first. Coincidentally it is also Guide Biscuit time again this month and as a former Girl Guide myself I couldn't resist supporting our nations young girls by purchasing their biscuits again. They are so versatile and yummy to bake with. I have teamed them up with intensely flavoured Fresh As freeze dried raspberries for a yummy fudgey treat. So here goes my first attempt...

Raspberry & White Choc Guide Biscuit Slice

Melt together:
- 100 grams butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 can of condensed milk

While still warm, mix into:
- 1/2 cup white chocolate baking melts
- 1 pack crushed Original Guide Biscuits


Press into a lined 20cm square tin and sprinkle with coconut if desired. Cool and store in the refrigerator.

This recipie can be cut into any shape you desire - just remember it is really rich! With easter approaching I decided to use a Bunny cookie cutter  from our huge range of Easter Cutters. This makes a cute and delicious snack that you can prepare in advance of Easter Sunday, and it is simple enough to let older kids do alone.



Girl Guiding NZ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...