Monday, November 15, 2010

Today I am 35 years old

Goodbye 34!. Today I am 35 years old. I was very lucky and have been treated to two cakes. One by my children and one by my good friend Lisa.
My children are 7 & 4. Miss 7 drew up the plan beforehand and Mr 4 helped with the sprinkles. They were staying the night with Nana, she helped with the baking.
This cake made for me by my good friend Lisa was very tall, I love the piping gel on the glass, to look like condensation, the modelling of the umbrella & lemon slice were amazing.


The umbrella was based on a party invitation I had for a little get together with my girlfriends on Saturday evening.
I've always had a passion for cocktail paraphernalia. Here's a shot of just some of my glass swizzle sticks.
And I just adore the paper comb thingamebobs!
As the party on Saturday night was a cocktail party, I made (very quick 1/2 hour) Margarita cupcakes. I will post the recipe for these in the next day or so.
I was in a big hurry when I made these and literally flung the icing on, but I was happy with the coarse sugar rimming, to make it look like salted glass rim.

-->

1 comment:

  1. sandra these are awesome !!!!!!!!! HAPPY 35th BIrthday !! and many more to come

    Ree

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...