Monday, September 20, 2010

Pink Champagne Cupcakes

Finally the recipe I promised you all for Pink Champagne cupcakes. It is the recipe I used for the SPCA cupcake day cupcakes I made. I've had many people that ate the cupcakes ask for the recipe and everyone says they never knew it started with a cake mix SHHH! don't tell.

Pink Champagne Doctored Cake Mix

Ingredients
1 box Betty Crocker vanilla cake mix
3 eggs
115g butter, softened
1 1/4 c. Pink champagne (let the bubbles go flat, stir it if you have to, to accelerate this)
Pink food colour
Instructions
Place butter into mixer and beat until smooth with paddle attachment.
Add remaining ingredients, and food colour to desired shade of pink. I did a light pink
Mix according to directions on box, scraping bowl at least twice.
Bake according to directions, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
 
For the icing, I used the standard Wilton buttercream icing recipe (double batch), I substituted pink champagne for the liquid and added about 6 drops of lorann flavouring oil.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...