This scrummy recipe is yet another great creation, shared with us from Trish at GoBake.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
4 x cups flour
4 x cups sugar
½ x cups cocoa
1 x cups chocolate chips
2 x cups hot water
2 x teaspoon GoBake Coffee Flavacol
2 x teaspoons GoBake Chocolate Flavacol
1 x cup oil (like canola, soy, rice bran)
1 x cup buttermilk
2 x teaspoons GoBake Vanilla Bean Paste
2 x teaspoons Baking Soda
1 x teaspoon Baking Powder
1 x teaspoon salt
100gm x Easyfrost
110ml x Water
2 x Tablespoon Butterscotch Flavacol
1. Line a spring based cake tin, including sides
2. Pre heat the oven to 160c
3. Melt chocolate chips, cocoa, sugar, water, GoBake Chocolate Flavacol, and Coffee Flavacol in a pot until the sugar is dissolved. Do not let this boil.
4. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in a separate mixing bowl.
5. Once cooled, beat in the 4 eggs, buttermilk, GoBake Vanilla Bean Paste, oil and salt.
6. Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder then beat making sure all the ingredients are well mixed.
7. Pour into cake tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean once inserted.
8. To make the Butterscotch Mousse, place GoBake Easy Frost into a bowl with the water, beat until it resembles whipped cream
9. Add the Butterscotch Flavacol and continue to mix until the colour is even.
10. When the cake is cool, top with the Butterscotch Mousse and Sprinkle with GoBake Chocolate Power Balls
11. Refrigerate for 3 hours