Thursday, April 18, 2013

Feijoa Loaf - with feijoa drizzle


You either love them or hate them FEIJOAS - I don't think I've ever met anyone who has said "Oh - they are OK" People either love them or hate them. I love them!


This loaf recipe was actually given to me by Laura (my other recipe blogger here at Kiwicake's) last year. The addition of the drizzle was my idea.
In a large pot boil for 5mins stirring regularly:
· 1 generous cup of diced / mashed feijoas
· 1 cup sugar
· 1 cup water
· 50 grams butter
Let cool (1/2 hour or more) then stir in:
· 2 cups sifted flour with
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 beaten egg
Pour into greased and lined baking/loaf/muffin tins. Bake at 175`C fan bake and start testing with a skewer after 15mins (for muffins - loaf will take longer. Worth doubling when fruit is abundant in autumn – this loaf freezes well. I did not bake mine on fan bake and it worked equally well.
For the drizzle I used 1 Tbsp of fejoa powder mixed with 1 cup of icing sugar and enough hot water to make a runny slurry. I poured it over the loaf as soon as it came out of the oven.
This tastes gorgeous warm and is also very yummy cold too!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...